Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Choral Speaking Competition 2014 - SKS9

What makes one extremely happy?
It varies but for most of us, it's when we actually witness our hard work and effort produced a tremendous result.

I'm a teacher and you know what makes me happy?
Seeing my students achieving something that we both wanted so much and they actually dedicating it to me.

When I entered this school for internship, I fretted out a little knowing that, I can always survive in new places with my communication skills. What terrified me was how the STUDENTS going to accept me.

As a teacher who teaches from the textbook?

As a friend who listens and solve their petty little problems?

Or as an elder girl that trying to inspire them in any way?

As time passes, I learnt the best way is to be ALL of the above.

All four of us were assigned to train the school's first ever Choral Speaking team for the competition. We picked the students through auditions and had countless practices that filled with harsh scoldings and motivations.

But when things get intense, the senior teachers took over and ever since that we four don't even attend the practices. We just felt like we were discriminated. You know, the normal emotion rush we had.

I don't know why but the students are quite fond of me. Well they do like my other 3 colleagues but it seems I'm always their "Teacher Choral Speaking". 

So their big day is today.  They competed with 12 schools and guess what they won the 4th place and qualified to finals
http://eemoticons.nethttp://eemoticons.net
http://eemoticons.net







Annnnnnnndddddddd they all ran towards me and gave a group hug. Showered me with, "Thank you teacher!" and "We won!" 

I almost cried. I'm so proud of my kids that I don't even have words to express it. Yes, a teacher's pride is always her/his students' success. 
On the stage

Sempat posing lagi

Mr.Manaf, Mrs.Nadia, Mrs. Jasbir, Ms.Mayuri and the students.

I'm so tiny that I can't be seen -.-"

No comments:

Post a Comment